- Q: What are the benefits of owning a Hot Tub?A: Relaxing in hot water is naturally very relaxing. Like bathing in a bath your temperature is raised and the contact of water on the skin is very soothing.
Combine this with massaging effect of the jets, the powerful whirlpool, the spacious ergonomically designed interior and LED lighting all combine to create a relaxing and soothing environment to relax at the end of the day.
The tubs are designed to operate between 26–40 degrees and can be used as a swimming pool for children, a cooling plunge pool during the summer or as a stunning Hot Tub to unwind in.
- Q: How much does a Hot Tub cost to run?A: On average it costs around £1 per day to heat a Hot Tub but this can vary according to the time of year, size of the tub and amount of use.
Our tub feature the latest Balboa Spa Control systems which have 3 energy saving modes built into them which can reduce your energy consumption by up to 60%
In addition our tubs feature a locking insulated lid and 1.3/4" thick solid cedar wood walls all of which combine to highly insulate the tub.
- Q: Where should I position my tub?A: The Urban Cedar Wood has been designed to sit freestanding on a patio or be sunk into the ground to create a more integrated look. Close to your house is a popular choice as it is convenient and private where as a tub positioned in a more exposed area creates a wonder focal point and a feeling of space. Our design team will work closely with you to decide the best location for your tub.
- Q: What preparation is required?A: Our design team will work closely with you to ensure every detail is taken care of. The Urban Cedar Wood is designed to sit on an existing patio or decked area but we will check all these details and also advise on access, electrical work and drainage if required.
The tubs are simply filled using a hosepipe and no water connection is required.
- Q: Do you have detailed specification for the Urban Cedar Wood?A: Please click here for details of the tub. If there is any additional information you need please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will forward the requested information.
- Q: What access is required?A: The Urban Cedar Wood comes in kit form and can easily fit through a standard gate or doorway so access is never a problem. Our team of carpenters can build and install your tub onsite or at our warehouse in Bristol and then deliver the completed tub for installation. Our design team will check that the tub access is ok before delivery & installation of your Hot Tub.
- Q: What electrical supply do we need?A: The Urban Cedar Wood is very energy efficient and is fitted with a 3kw Balboa Heater.
The tub only requires a 20amp supply and can normally be wired directly to your existing house circuit. We normally use a local electrician and they will ensure your hot tub is installed correctly.
The power unit is normally positioned to the rear of the tub and can be housed in a matching cedar box, hidden under a decked area or even be located in a garage or outbuilding close to the tub.
- Q: Does the Hot Tub need plumbing to a water supply?A: No, the tub is filled using a hosepipe and the water only needs changing every 6 months. The water can be drained using the internal hosepipe connection or a cost-effective water pump, which can be bought separately.
- Q: How do we keep our Hot Tub clean?A: The Urban Cedar Wood is fitted with the highest quality solid cedar wood, which can simply be wiped with a soft cloth when the tub is emptied.
The highly efficient filtration system keeps the water in perfect condition, which in turn means the tub remains clean and hygienic.
When the tub is installed you will be given a user guide and given a full demonstration on how to use & clean your Hot Tub.
Weekly maintenance normally takes 10 minutes.
- Q: Will my Urban Cedar Wood Leak?A: All wooden tubs will leak for the first few days and this is perfectly normal.
The tub is designed to expand when filled with water and the combined effect of water and heat expands the wood to form a watertight seal.
- Q: Will the water smell of Cedar Wood?A: Yes, The cedar wood we use contains a high level of cedar oil, which is released into the water to give you the beautiful relaxing smell of cedar oil.
When the tub is first installed the oil is very rich and will turn the water a wonderful red colour, which is perfect to bath in. Each time the water is changed it will become clearer until the tub reaches a balanced level and the water will then remain crystal clear. You will still have the wonderful smell of cedar each time your use your Hot Tub.
- Q: How do we operate the Hot Tub?A: The tub is pre-programmed and is designed to manage itself until you are ready to use the tub. A simple 4-button controller designed by Balboa controls all the tubs functions and is accompanied by a user-friendly guide.
When the tub is installed you will be given a demonstration on how to operate your Hot Tub and our friendly team in the office are only a phone call away.
- Q: Any other questions?A: Please email us at email@example.com or call our team on 01934 833 844 and we can answer any other questions you may have.